I also just processed the cashews instead of making "butter". And I used maple syrup instead of the maple sugar. Here what I did:
Ingredients:2 cups raw unsalted cashews (processed in a food processor with 2 tsps coconut oil until dough forms)
1/2 cup Earth Balance Butter Flavor, melted
1/4 cup raw honey
1 teaspoon REAL vanilla extract
1/8 cup Lucuma Powder
1/8 cup organic Maple syrup
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 Cups Hershey's Dark Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Make cashew butter using recipe below.
2. Put the Earth Balance butter in a microwave safe dish and microwave until melted, about 30 seconds. Watch closely to make sure it doesn’t get too hot. When most of it has melted, stir to melt any remaining butter.
3. In a medium sized bowl add the melted butter, egg, honey, and vanilla. Make sure the butter isn’t too hot so it doesn’t cook the egg. Mix the ingredients together using a whisk or hand mixer. Set aside.
4. In a separate large bowl add the proceeded cashew mixture , Lucuma powder, maple syrup, baking soda, and salt. Pour the melted butter mixture on top and stir the ingredients together with a whisk or spoon until completely combined. Fold in 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. Add more if desired. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes or until dough firms up.
5. Take a handful of dough and roll into a ball about the size of a golf ball. Place on the parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat the process until you have 12 on the tray. Use your palm to slightly press and flatten the balls down into a cookie shape. They will spread some during baking.
6. Bake for 10-13 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat process with remaining dough. Let cool on the baking sheet.